Amazon

Lawn & Garden

Thursday, April 3, 2014

LOVE DARe: Day 3

Love is not selfish (Philippians 2:3).
Love is never satisfied except in the welfare of others.
Today's DARe speaks to the very heart of my Christian faith.
Paul exhorted the Romans in Romans 12:10 to be devoted to each in brotherly love and to give preference to one another in honor.
The word that basically means the opposite of love is selfishness.
It is definitely a trait I hate in other people but justify in myself.
I must learn not to put my interests, desires, and priorities in front of my wife.
I am going to teach myself not to constantly complain about the time and energy I spend meeting the needs of my wife.
As Paul spoke to the Corinthians, my love should not seek its own (1 Cor. 13:5).
My actions, no matter how generous they will be, must not be motivated by the desire for bragging rights or expectation to receive a reward.
I choose to put the happiness of my wife above my own.
I choose to genuinely demonstrate love.

No comments:

Sharing Journeys of Promise: Conversations with Kenyan Immigrants Living in the United States

A KWR Broadcast [featuring Rev. Priscilla Nyawĩra, Mary Waturi, Alice Waithera, Ngotho wa Njũgũna, and Chef Daniel Wainaina]. There are ...