Amazon

Lawn & Garden

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

LOVE DARe: Day 7

Love believes the BEST.
Two rooms sit deep in my heart: Appreciation room and Depreciation room. 
I visit both rooms at different times. 
I started walking into the Appreciation room the day I first met my wife.
In deed I started posting kind words and phrases describing her good attributes.
Over the years since we got married, I visit this room occasionally.

But with passing days I have become a frequent visitor to the Depreciation room which is further down the darker part of the hallway.
This where I have posted all of my disappointments with my wife.
The hurts, unkind words , frustrations are also on the wall of this room.
Her weaknesses and failures are written in bold letters.
This is where the big guns of revenge are stored for the next fight.
Some unpleasant words and even hateful ones found their way in.

Since love chooses to believe the best, I choose to no longer make the Depreciation room my abode.
I will not be running to this room any time I am frustrated or hurt by my wife.

The Appreciation room from this day becomes my permanent residence.
I choose to love and be praying for wife without denying the existence of the Depreciation room. 
I must begin to get into the habit of reining my negative thoughts and teach myself to focus on the positive attributes of my wife.
It is time to let love lead my thoughts and my focus.

No comments:

Sharing Journeys of Promise: Conversations with Kenyan Immigrants Living in the United States

A KWR Broadcast [featuring Rev. Priscilla Nyawĩra, Mary Waturi, Alice Waithera, Ngotho wa Njũgũna, and Chef Daniel Wainaina]. There are ...