Amazon

Lawn & Garden

Friday, May 9, 2014

LOVE DARe: Day 38

Love fulfills dreams.

"Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart" (Psalm 37:4).

Dreams and desires come in all shapes and sizes. But love takes careful notice of each one.

Many are the moments when I have found myself asking what is it that my wife would really, really love.

Unfortunately, I have let "no" become too quick a response to such moments.

Yet in today's dare I am reminded that love sometimes needs to be extravagant.

I am also reminded of the many times God's love has met needs in my heart that once seemed out of the question. Yes, there have been many occasions in my life when I have thought life was over as certain setback took all the wind out of my sails. In such moments I break down and cry out to God. Though it has not always been easy getting back up and trod on, I have somehow found myself surviving the storms. God has in many of such moments met me with His promised peace "which surpasses all comprehension" (Philippians 4:7) and kept me on my feet.

I am thus reminded that God is the One my love is designed to imitate! I dare to be extravagant in loving my wife.

I dare bring forth to mind the things that are unique to our relationship, the pleasures and enjoyments that bring a smile to our faces.

I dare to daydream about the many opportunities to pour out my love so regularly that my wife's desires become mine as well.

I dare to overwhelm her with love!

No comments:

Sharing Journeys of Promise: Conversations with Kenyan Immigrants Living in the United States

A KWR Broadcast [featuring Rev. Priscilla Nyawĩra, Mary Waturi, Alice Waithera, Ngotho wa Njũgũna, and Chef Daniel Wainaina]. There are ...