Amazon

Lawn & Garden

Sunday, May 11, 2014

LOVE DARe: Day 40

Love is covenant.

I am elated as I enter my fortieth day of the Love Dare. It marks my commitment to myself and my wife. But even as I come to the end of the dare, I am nakedly aware that this is only part of a journey.

The experience and challenge of loving my wife is something that never comes to an end.

"Where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God, my God" (Ruth 1:16).

I am rededicating myself to my wife.

The rededication has no expiration date - "till death do us part".

I am taking up my role as a covenant keeper.

No matter what may arise hereafter to challenge my faithfulness to this covenant, I give myself to my wife and commit to this marriage for life.

This covenant cuts off all avenues of retreat or withdrawal.

I fasten my love afresh on the one the Lord has given me to cherish, prize, and honor.

I dare to take hold of it and never let go!  

No comments:

Sharing Journeys of Promise: Conversations with Kenyan Immigrants Living in the United States

A KWR Broadcast [featuring Rev. Priscilla Nyawĩra, Mary Waturi, Alice Waithera, Ngotho wa Njũgũna, and Chef Daniel Wainaina]. There are ...