Amazon

Lawn & Garden

Friday, April 25, 2014

LOVE DARe: Day 24

Love vs. Lust

Lust is in opposition to love.
Lust simply means to set our heart and passions on something forbidden. 
It is likened to the bottomless pit of unmet longings.

This includes but not limited to seeking sexual fulfillment in another person; lust after possessions or power or prideful ambition.
Lust always breeds lust.

Lust is the first step out of fellowship with the Lord and with others.
It represents the beginnings of a lie.

Rather than fulfillment, lust leads to emptiness.
It breeds anger, numbs hearts, and destroys marriages.

Only God's love can fill me. Lust is a misguided thirst for satisfaction that only God can fulfill.

I dare choose love.
I run to God for satisfaction (2 Peter 1:3-4).
I choose to be grateful for everything God has already given me rather than choosing discontentment.

While I am at it, I set my eyes and heart on my wife (Proverbs 5:18-21).

Lust is the best this world has to offer, but love offers me the best life in the world. Amen.

No comments:

Sharing Journeys of Promise: Conversations with Kenyan Immigrants Living in the United States

A KWR Broadcast [featuring Rev. Priscilla Nyawĩra, Mary Waturi, Alice Waithera, Ngotho wa Njũgũna, and Chef Daniel Wainaina]. There are ...