Amazon

Lawn & Garden

Sunday, April 27, 2014

LOVE DARe: Day 26

Love is responsible.

Love is responsible and is willing to admit and correct its faults and errors up front.
Love does not pass the blame so easily or justify selfish motives.

Personal responsibility is something we wish others to have but struggle to maintain it ourselves.
We are so quick to justify our motives.
So quick to deflect criticism.
So quick to find fault with our spouse who is of course the easiest one to blame.

Love is not nearly as concerned with its own performance as with others' needs.

Love does not make excuses.

I must re-learn to first admit my own wrongs instead of passing blame.

Love also calls me to take responsibility for my wife.
To love her.
To honor her.
To cherish her.

Pride is very resistant to responsibility, but humility and honesty before God and my wife is crucial for a healthy relationship (1 John 1:8-9).
This is my honest pray.

No comments:

Sharing Journeys of Promise: Conversations with Kenyan Immigrants Living in the United States

A KWR Broadcast [featuring Rev. Priscilla Nyawĩra, Mary Waturi, Alice Waithera, Ngotho wa Njũgũna, and Chef Daniel Wainaina]. There are ...